The roof edge serves as the building’s first line of defense against damaging winds and severe weather. That’s why specifying a roof edge to be compliant with ANSI/SPRI/FM 4435/ES-1 and other important testing standards to meet building code is critical.
Learn more about how you can significantly reduce risk and liability while protecting roof systems against failure.
• Importance of edge metal
• Understanding the impact of wind
• Why ANSI/SPRI/FM 4435/ES-1 is necessary ANSI/SPRI/FM 4435/ES-1 testing methods
• How to calculate wind design pressure to comply with code requirements
Gutters & ANSI/SPRI GT-1
ANSI/SPRI GT-1 was added into the 2021 International Building Code, offering a holistic approach to design and testing standards for gutter systems. As gutters are an integral part of the roof edge system, ANSI/SPRI GT-1 provides a consensus for an acceptable level of performance with real world practicality. This course will review the standard and test methods for gutter systems that secure membrane on commercial low slope roof systems for load resistance and why that is important for specifiers.
• The importance of a GT-1 Standard
• How GT-1 is incorporated into IBC
• Why GT-1 is important to specifiers
• GT-1 test methods and understanding how the pressures are calculated