Select the statements with proper terms, capitalization, symbols used in the Construction Documents.
1. Hardware allowance quantity is $50,000.
2. Hardware allowance amount is $50,000.
3. Repair any plaster wall cracks.
4. Repair plaster cracks.
5. Insure wall assembly will prevent water seepage.
6. Ensure wall assembly will prevent water seepage.
7. Architect/Engineer will supervise the work.
8. Architect/Engineer will observe the work.
9. Project retainage is 10%.
10. Project retainage is 10 percent.
11. Replace doors and jambs in altered rooms.
12. Provide new doors and jambs in altered rooms.
13. Reference standards stated shall be the latest edition.
14. Reference standards stated shall be the edition at the date of the
15. Provide glass sidelights on either side of the entry door.
16. Provide glass sidelights on both sides of door.
17. Adhesive will be spread with a notched trowel.
18. Spread adhesive with notched trowel.
How’d you do?
1, 2 Quantity is for money, amount is for number, linear measure,
area or volume.
3, 4 Any is discretion of reader. Repair cracks means all cracks.
5, 6 Insure is to issue or procure an insurance policy. Ensure is to
make certain that eliminates the possibility of error.
7, 8 A/E does not supervise.
9, 10 Symbols may lose clarity in printing. Wording is preferred.
11, 12 Replace leaves it open to interpretation- old, reuse or new?
13, 14 Who will know what new standard will be.
15, 16 Either implies choice between two options whereas both is
17, 18 Imperative sentence is concise and streamlined.